Time to kick off the new quarter with a delayed update on our end.
On July 5th we noticed issues with our hosting platform. Within minutes the stability of our hosted communities were impacted. It took our hosting provider over 18 hours to restore our access, but management data of our cluster was severely corrupted. Due to the lack of communication on their end we postponed the construction of an emergency replacement cluster, which we decided on doing after those 18 hours of downtime.
Within the next two hours we gradually restored access to our hosted communities.
The cause of this service disruption is identified, caused by a resource limitation by the hosting provider. Their lack of response to our issues and inability to monitor resource usages will have consequences. We want to deliver a quality hosted Flarum service, this service disruption is entirely on the opposite side of the spectrum.
We reached out to all of our customers personally for compensation and to apologize.
Aside from this sad event, we have been able to further stabilize and prepare our platform for a public beta. Extensions have been patched, our Realtime extension has seen many bugfixes and we finally concluded all changes to redis session, queues and cache handling.